Sharing is Caring

Saturday, December 5, 2009

California State Championships,OTM, Dec 5

Headed down to San Diego State University to compete in my last tournament for the year. As I write this, I am beat up from head to toe! I walked away with two Gold Medals, one in the Masters Advance and one in the Open Advance. I weighed in at 157.5lbs at weigh ins and the weight class was 159.9. Needless to say, Each match was a war. It was a small turnout over-all (December is a tough month to run a tournament) but as usual, the competiton was quality.



Wandah went with me and took the pics with my camera



I had two matches in one division...





...and three matches in the Open Division.






My Coach, Chris Haueter, Giving me some advice







I believe I only allowed 2 points scored on me and that was on a botched takedown attempt







We got a total of 5 min rest between matches which was good that I stayed warm the whole time but man, I got tired by my 5th match!






Here's a pic of Robert and me, this guy is tough! I think he tapped out all of his Opponents! (except me)










Now, it's time to head back to the drawing board and work on the things that need to be worked on.










tournament matches require a much different energy than Academy rolling...that's for sure!











Thanks to Chris Haueter for being an inspiration!











No comments: