Sharing is Caring

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Training May 24-29

We're almost at the half way point for the year! How has your training been? Have you been able to accomplish some of the things that you set out for yourself? I know it's all a work in progress but definitely set goals for yourself. Set short-term goals as well as Mid-term goals and of course Long-term Goals.

For example, I've been working on my own game plan for years and it's constantly evolving and changing directions but here are some examples...

short-term goal: to increase pressure from the bottom game and implement more angled attacks such as the Omo Plata series. I've always loved Omo Platas and have used them for many years but I'm working on increasing the pressure and decreasing the amount of space that I need to attack with. Also working them in combination with other attacks and set ups. I'm also working on Omo Platas from all positions.

Mid-term goal: I'm working on increasing the amount of attacks that I do per match. This requires a great amount of stamina and Mental toughness. So, I've been putting a lot into my conditioning and nutrition and watching my weight. I've also increased the amount of competitions that I compete in to work on my competition Jiu Jitsu.

Long-Term Goal: I'm working on my Black Belt. As I told Chris, It's up to him when he feels that I'm ready for promotion. I have an idea of what a Black Belt should be and I will constantly work, everyday, to acheive this.

So, this is an example of goal setting, taken out of my Journals. Of course, my Journals are much more detailed, but I wanted to give you and example for you to work or compare with.

Today's class was awesome! Jesse Taylor stopped by and during sparring we rolled a good 20 minutes non-stop of positional exchanges and submission attacks! Did he tap me or did I tap him? I'm not going to tell you...I don't kiss and tell ;-)

as far as group instruction, we worked arm triangle choke series, attacks and position.

here, Ben and Jesse went at it for a good 15 minutes...
Jaime and Jeremy were also in attendance and we all got a good workout in!

We will have class tomorrow, Memorial Day at 8pm. hopefully, you can make it!

-Michio

No comments: