Sharing is Caring

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

training May 11-15

I want to thank Charlie for teaching classes for me when I need him to. He has really come through for me when times are tough. He is my Best Friend and I love him like a brother! Some of you guys know that my Mom is in the hospital and is about to pass away and my emotions are all over the place. I was planning on competing this up coming weekend but emotionally, I'm not 100%. So, I'm going to wait. I also want to say thank you for all the e-mails and phone calls from friends offering help or assistance! It means a lot to me!

This Week, we are continuing Guard attacks, focusing on the Butterfly guard.



Andy (above pic), attacking Dan with an
attempted Traingle choke! Andys'
bottom game has come a long way! He constantly keeps working on it and he is a tough guy!

Jaime stuck in Rays' Butterfly guard. I think Ray has one of the best Butterfly guards on our team!


Eveyones' Butterfly guard game has made a big jump! The Butterfly guard is good for Gi and No-gi Grappling and will boost your bottom game up dramatically!




Daniel attempting to pass David's guard!

Jim is having a UFC/Birthday Party On Saturday, May 23. Hope you can make it! It's going to be a Blast! Let me or Jim know that you want to come so you can get directions. He also has a flyer posted in the Dojo with his address.


Happy 21st Birthday Jim!!!


Keep up the good work guys!


-Michio

2 comments:

cgrant said...

You know anything you need I am here for you bro ! These are the things best friends do for one another. You know you dont even have to ask. I know the team feels the same. Thanks to those that have been in the past few weeks. TM is as strong as ever and its because of the LOYAL core group of you who show up when you can to get better as well as help us all improve mentally , physically and most of all technically. There is Team in Magnitude for a reason. We all work together to progress and grow. If you only come in to test yourself thats not being a team player! There are tons of gyms around town to do that if you want to test yourself. Or even better get into tournaments. We all do Jiu Jitsu for our own reasons and im sure there all differant. But i do believe the end result for all is to be the best bjj player you can be and nobody can do it on there own . You need all differant types of training partners that also care about your health and safety.

EXCEL Jiu Jitsu said...

Great Post Charlie!

Like Charlie, I would like to thank those of you who constistantly make it to class to train and help us train to improve.

-Michio