Sharing is Caring

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Feb 22, Undisputed grappling tournament

Another great tournament today! Undisputed put on an in-house tournament that gave us more experiences to learn from and to have fun! We made a lot of friends and showed some good competition! It was me, Andrew, Dave, Andy, and Ben competing. Cool stuff! Ready for battle! I felt great, good energy and a very tough opponent! Arghhh! I was doing great! and with less than a minute left in the match and up on points, I get put in a traingle and tapped! Like I said many times before, Jiu-Jitsu can be very humbling! Congrats to Adam Lynn on his win. Tough guy, Great guy! Andrew started the tournament off with some explosive takedowns! and great TOP GAME! GREAT JOB!!! Andrew, Andrew...what can I say? He was awesome today!!! He beat some monsters for his weight class taking first place in the Intermediate division! Next step, Pan Ams! Dave is a big man! but his opponents were even bigger! Today was not his day but I guarantee, he'll be back!










Andy was a BEAST! taking first place in a very tough division. He dominated, but he earned every point. whew! tough weight class!







Wow! Ben was on FIRE for this tournament! His Jiu Jitsu was incredible! He is very fun to watch and received many compliments from the fans! Good work Ben! Ben was very impressive, armlocking every opponent on his way to first place! Thank you Jim and Renee! they came out and supported the competing grapplers and stayed the whole tournament cheering everyone on! You two are awesome!


-Michio

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hell yeah! Great job guys!

Unknown said...

Good job to every one for showing up and stepping on the mat! Cool photos of all. It is great to see such great competition from the San Diego Area, you all are part of an elite group that are a step above the hobbists such as myself. I'm proud to train with you guys.

Andrew said...

But Russ, I think you would probably kill at these tournaments too.

The tournament on Sunday was good. It was fun to have tough matches, but I have to say I was disappointed at how strangely the weights were run. They would complete the finals of one weight division before they would start the first match of the next division, meaning that I had to roll 2 times in 20 minutes, and wait 4 hours until that time. Ben had it the worst tho -- he had to wait till the end of the tournament to get 2 minutes of mat time and 3 armbars in!

I have to say, we look very sharp out there, and also I was very surprised at how big of a deal takedowns are in a times Jitsu match. They are SOOOO important!!!

Andrew said...

Oh, and Michio's takedowns were very impressive!

EXCEL Jiu Jitsu said...

Greg, can't wait 'till your first tournament!

Thanks Andrew for the compliment!

Russ, I think Andrew is right! I really wish to see you compete one of these days! You are a Stud on the Mat!

-Michio

Jeremy said...

Wow.... sounds like Team Magnitude put up a hell of a fight! Great job everyone!!

cgrant said...

Nice Job Guys !!! I had the chance to watch the gi tourn on sat and it was cool. Marco was a stud ! We got some work to do for Pan Ams guys. Be ready for top level compatition and tough matches

madmax said...

you guys are gnarley! ;)

Unknown said...

Get psyched for climbing friday after class :D


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDmJZ2aEMr4