Sharing is Caring

Friday, November 21, 2008

Nov 16-21







Missed training on Mon, Nov 17...everyone threw me a surprise B-Day party! I was taking the night off and Charlie was supposed to teach...but then I get this text message from him, "EMERGENCY! COME TO CLASS!" I was shocked! I got to class in a hurry, only to find everyone gathered at the Pizza Factory next door...throwing me a surprise B-Day party!!! WHOA! It was fun though! We all had a good time. Tues, Wed, Thurs were tough classes. Everyone was working hard and got a lot of good training in.

My friend, Sam Kressin and I went up to train at Chris Haueter place this morning. there were only seven of us there so we didn't do any technique just lots of mat time and some mock matches to train our competition Jiu Jitsu energy. If I remember correctly, there were 3 Black Belts, 3 Brown Belts, and one Purple Belt, so nothing was easy! everyone definitely knew what they were doing. But man, we had so much fun! I loved listening to Chris' anectodes and his sense of humor always has me cracking up!

I then trained with our class in the afternoon and the energy of the room was great! Everyone worked hard and we had so much fun at the same time! So, all in all, for me, today was a BLAST! I got in two training sessions with good friends that all loved Jiu Jitsu...can't get any better than that!

Next week, we're only training Sun-Wed, then off for the weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm excited for next week, because I have to burn off all this turkey somehow :D

I think setups are 95% of a takedown, so it'd be awesome if we could work 2 or maybe 3 simple setups when we do our standup stuff. Something like a stiff arm to a single leg, popping someone's elbow up when their hand is on your shoulder, or maybe chopping the arms down could help a lot.

EXCEL Jiu Jitsu said...

Me too! I ate too much :-(

I agree with the set ups. Andrew, I'll have you show a couple of your favorite set ups to get to the single leg next week. It's going to be a blast!

GRANDONIZER said...

aw man i wish i could have gone and trained with you guys. are we going up on tomorrow?