Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tues, June 30, Congrats Jim Stratis!

Congratulations to Jim Stratis on his promotion to the Blue Belt! He is hard working, coachable, and a huge fan of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA! Jim has been training for almost 3 years! I remember when he first started...what a difference! Everyone loves Jim but rolling with him is A LOT OF WORK! The man is a beast on the mat!
I went down to the Stronghold in San Diego this morning to train with Mike. He has such incredible Jiu Jitsu. He's awesome to roll with. He pushes me hard and exposes my weaknessess so I can work on improving my game. He is also a very good teacher but what I like most is his blend of confidence and humility. He runs a great Jiu Jitsu Academy!


thanks again Mike!



-Michio

7 comments:

cgrant said...

Good job Jim !Like i said last night It is well deserved so get ready for a big jump in your game. This will give you even more confidence to make it happen !

Unknown said...

Good work Jim! Cause work it is! Good to see the same faces consistently in the blog.

Jeremy said...

Congrats Jim!!! you truely deserve it!!!

Jeremy

Jeremy said...

Just in time too.... that old white belt of yours was getting mighty tattered!!!

Jeremy

Andrew said...

Congrats Jim! I think that the blue belt will add extra mental weight when you're stacking your opponent!

I can't wait to get back into training! All I can do is exercise out here in a really Podunk gym, or go get a heat stroke running outside. As it stands, Christy is my only freeweight, but that's OK with me haha.

I'll be back on Wednesday the 8th, so I'll see you guys then!

-Andrew

EXCEL Jiu Jitsu said...

Congratulations once again Jim! I'm very proud of you man.

I agree with Russ...it's a lot of work!

Andrew, hope you and Christy are having an awesome time!!!

-Michio

madmax said...

you are the man jim!!! =) super stoked for you!
max