Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Training Jan 11-16







This week, we're continuing guard pass instruction. Passing a good Jiu Jitsu guys guard takes cunning, pressure, and a combintion of techniques. I'm getting great feedback from students about the selection of techniques that I'm choosing to teach. GOOD STUFF!






Speaking of good Jiu Jitsu guys: check out Charlie Grant in our FEATURED GRAPPLERS section. Charlie is a Team Leader, has abundant knowledge of Jiu Jitsu and it's application and all around great guy to be around. Thank you Charlie for everything that you do!






Pan Ams Jiu Jitsu tournament is right around the corner. The end of March. For those of you competing, get your conditioning up and start to increase your focus for this tournament. I will be adding an additional class for those competing soon. We already started to add more Jiu Jitsu tournament strategy in our Gi classes. Again, GOOD STUFF!!!






I'm heading up to train at Chris Haueters' this Friday. Some have expressed interest in going up with me to get some additional training in with some great guys. Let me know if you're interested in going up with us.






We will also have available soon new team T-shirts, rash guards, shorts, and gi patches, thanks to Max Sheppard!





Training at "THE GARAGE" was great today! Black Belt, Danny Suarez was there with some of his students and we did some no-gi. Plus, all of the tough guys made for some interesting match ups! Thanks Chris!



-Michio






10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! I wish I was in town for that class! But instead im stuck in a net cafe in a village called Tlachichuca near the mexican volcanoes :( I spent my summit day rescuing some jackass who`se buddies left him at 17,000 with a broken foot. Phooey. See you guys this monday!

EXCEL Jiu Jitsu said...

Greg!

You are on your vacation in Mexico and still keeping up with the team! How cool is that?!

you be safe climbing those mountains! and we'll see you when you get back. Make sure you bring back lots of pics please...

-Michio

cgrant said...

To all you who have not hade the chance to get to Hauters I suggest you make time one day. It is well worth it ! And those who are getting ready for the Pan Ams keep up the hard work. Its time to put Team Magnitude on the map !!!! Thanks Michio for all the great stuff you teach.
Charlie

Andrew said...

Man, greg! What a story...

Anyway This week was very helpful. I'm getting the hang of Jitsu one move and position at a time. This week, I managed to pass peoples' guards I couldn't pass before because of the over/under guard passes we did the week before.

Also, I went to Chris Haueter's place and trained with some fresh blood for the first time with Michio, Max, Andy, and Jeremy. That was a great experience, because it showed me that I need to get into the game and learn more positions I can go to in order to attack my opponent. Also, the people who were higher skilled than me showed me that my guard game still has a long way to go!

I was pleasantly surprised at Chris's sudden acceptance of how awesome Michio's single leg was compared to how he had seen it done previously. Reminds me that I have a few aspects of my game that I never show that are really polished. That felt good to see!

Unknown said...

To the athletes at Team Magnitude!
Once again it was great having you guys in my garage this friday am! Myself and all my guys are not only impressed with how cool you guys are, but geez! You guys are technical and tough!

Mich, I LOVE our training! Your game is off the hook! I've said it verbally a lot, but, for my first Team Magnitude blog:

Michio is not only a phenomenal technician who clearly maintains superior physical health, but more important, what a great guy to train with.
My game improves every time we roll.
My motivation goes up with every conversation. Guys with Michio's balance of qualities are rare!

Thanks for the friendship and help!!
Chris

EXCEL Jiu Jitsu said...

This mornining, training at "THE GARAGE" was so much fun! I'm telling you guys, every time I go, I feel like I take another step in improving my game.

Thanks Chris, for the kind words! I'm looking forward to all the training that you have to offer.

I drove up with Andy, Max, and Andrew. Jeremy met us there. But we all had a chance to chit chat quite a bit and share some cool stories!

THANKS GUYS!

-Michio

madmax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
madmax said...

Today was by far the best day of the new year! Chillin with Michio, Andrew1"the guy gettin married....yah bro!!!",Andrew2 "taller narley guy ;)", and Jeremy was a blast!! Chris Heuter's was super sick! a great experience everytime!!! Ive never met a group of guys (that can beat your a$$ ;) that are as helpful and friendly as Heuter and his guys.(besides magnitude of course...:) Michio thanks for giving us these cool oportunities and spending the extra time with us to better our jiu jitsu. Your a great coach! , And to the rest of the team, you guys are just a bunch of bada$$es .......thank again. max

Unknown said...

I personally believe all of you that I've had the chance of grappling thus far, all of you, can & will do extremely well in competition!!

EricR said...

Wow! Those pics are awesome and it looks like you had a great time at Chris'. I want to go next time. I can't wait to train again.

I am at the Denver airport right now waiting to catch my flight to MN. I will train at a local gym when I am out of town to not lose any momentum.

Keep-up the hard work everyone!!